Vermont Castings Complaint
Poor performance and dependability - Fireplace Insert
This stove has not performed according to your claims. Your website states that this stove will heat 1000 square feet and had long overnight burn times. This has not been my experience. I find that this stove will not hold a fire for more than 3 or 4 hours, no matter how I manage it. However, this is not my primary complaint with the stove.
Shortly after our stove was installed (by a professional mason), the glass broke. I thought this might be a defective piece of glass and reported the problem to Higgins Energy. They replaced the glass at no charge. However, within 2 months, the glass broke again, in exactly the same place. I believe the clip system that holds the glass is not properly engineered. I took great care in installing the replacement glass by following the instructions in the owners manual. This past fall we again replaced the glass panel. Higgins Energy charged $316.43, a hefty price for a replacement glass panel. Again, I took special care in replacing the glass. After only about six weeks of use, the glass has now broken a fourth time, in the exact same location, radiating vertically from the clips closet to the door latch. I have babied this stove since the first glass panel broke, taking extreme care in closing the door slowly and carefully.
Obviously I cannot afford to replace the glass annually (or even more often) on this stove, and I do not believe I should have to. I spent a total of $1757.70 on the stove, $196.30 on the cast iron surround, and then the $316.43 for the second replacement glass. For this over $2000 expense, not to mention the cost for having it installed, I have a stove with a broken glass pane that does not heat anywhere near the space you claim, nor does it hold a fire for any significant period of time.
I had our fireplace opening and hearth completely rebuilt to the specifications for this stove. I love how it looks, but it performs poorly and is subject to repeated glass breakage. Unless you can address the glass breakage problem in a way that will not result in my having to replace the glass annually or even more frequently, I request that you take the stove back and refund all of my costs; the stove, the surround and the replacement glass. Even if you do this, we will still have to hire a mason, again, to refit our fireplace opening to accommodate a different insert.
Please pay attention to my request. Your brand has a good reputation, but this product is not satisfactory.
CONTACT THIS BUSINESS
BUSINESSES REPLY HERE
More Vermont Castings reviews
- VCS525SSP 5 burner grill nearly burned my house down
- Vermont castings dutchwest catalytic combustor
- .flue does NOT shut down; major fan issues...works doesnt ....LOUD ETC
- stove does not draw enough air
- Winter Warm - Wood Insert
- Merrimack model insert- fan is useless and stove is awful
- Warranty is Meaningless
- Poor performance
- primary heat source problems
- Propane (fake wood) Gas Heater won't work, no contact from manufacturer
- Vermont Castings Grills broken and burned out
- Grill Parts
- 2012 Dutch West unacceptable
- Price gouge for parts?
- Dissatisfaction of stove
- Catastrophic Product Failure
- bad manager
- ATT U-verse poor performance
- Don't use for your main phone
- Performance and dependability
- WiFi performance
- I was satisfied with both the laptop performance and their service
- poor car performance
- its 2010 AT@T
- Firestone Complete on Andrews AFB in MD
- Store Manager Durant
- window ac blue star
- Travelocity performance complaints
- ATT U-verse Appalling Performance
- Poor performance
- Horrible Service
How It Works
COMPLAINTS RESOLVEDThousands of Businesses of all sizes and millions of customers use MeasuredUp
It's free and easy to put MeasuredUp to work for you